Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holla.

Sam is modeling one of her new gifts on her head.

I spent the better part of last week in NYC. The big event was a delicious baby shower (think lots of wine, calamari, hand stretched pizzas, salmon & tiramisu from Celeste, a phenomenal Italian place on the Upper West Side). My friend glowed and rocked wonderful white bangle bracelets from India and a eight month plus belly. Her guests rocked various black ensembles, minus Genevieve in a terrific floral frock, partially inspired by a certain flower dress that is no longer with us. Vintage diamond rings were shown off and a good time was had by all. Congratulations Samantha & Sonia. Can't wait!

Antique diamond rings go great with Italian food.
Rose Cookie.
                                                                
Malted Milk Cookie.
The bag the cookies come in.


While in NY, I ate delicious miniature trio of cookies ("rose", "malted milk", and "exotic seduction" from my very favorite cookie shop, Ruby et Violette. What I have to say about this is simple: I will not stop until I can share with you the rose & "exotic seduction" cookie recipes. Think lots of curry and dark chocolate in the "exotic" treat. Besides cookies, I got some thrifting in at some of my old, beloved haunts, including the Salvation Army in Hell's Kitchen and St Frances on 96th. Found treasures include a vintage French blouse, a long sleeved tight yellow Gap piece and a set of shot glasses with sweet, etched rims.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the glasses, as I'm not much of a shot girl, but I'll figure it out and let you know.
This is a delightful and important cookie.
"Exotic Seduction"

Beppino Occelli
butter, oh oh so pretty.   At Eataly, I thought about buying this extremely expensive butter because the packaging was so beautful it stopped my heart, but decided even I can't be that frivolous and settled happily for pretty little pastilles.  Notice the brackets and wonderful folding on the seams of the back of the butter.                                                                                             

So smart looking.

Expensive.
Just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive