Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Holiday Post.

I couldn't let December leave us without posting some pictures from my friend's dreamy home.  As some of you might recall, I featured her yard on RNL a month or so back.  Now, it's her home we can all fawn over.  Using a color palette of bold reds, varying shades of blue, lots of white and touches of ocean green, Joleen's home is both classically "Christmas" but also totally Northwest-old-world-beautiful.  I particularly admire her tendency to blend warm touches of greenery and or wood elements with a more laid back beachy / shabby / retro feel. 
Stockings and pine cones and tools.
San Pellegrino & green glasses on checkerboard.

Corner of mantle.  I think the white thing is a shell.  Great texture, whatever it is, and I like the red bowl it's sitting in.
This bench is a great example of Joleen's talent at blending.  Here she has pretty blue rocks, a basket of shells, a single tulip all looking natural and in place next to the holiday bush.
This is a wonderful still life.  Love the greenery and use of white.

Wood burning stove keeps water warm for a cup of tea.

The tree has retro tiny bright lights & icicles.
A larger look at lots of details.
Salmon is served on a vintage aluminum tray with brown paper.  Classic.


The best for last.  I LOVE this.

1 comment:


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive