Thursday, December 16, 2010

A tour of the Ford family's Charlottesville home.


The sisters are into head pieces.

Another shot of Tulip & Ruby's room.  Their room seems completely old school-East coast-I'm-going-to-private-school .  But I love the ribbon installation.
The office.

The dining table is pretty generic (though I'm a fan of the round shape.)  Also, it's a nice, chic surprise to have a simple white couch in the dining room.  V cool.  I'm also admiring of Mrs. Ford's sweater wrap because I just think it's so darn practical & body conscious when you're being photographed for a national magazine.  Let the children wear the flair (like the dreamy & darling light purple head piece pictured above on little one's head...

The previous owners sold their house only after the current owners persistently stopped by offering to buy.


Fantastic pop of color on the mantel, but I've never liked fancy dog prints.  They're so odd.



What a wonderful worn out stool & my forev fav, open shelving for bowls & plates!


<><><>
<><><>
This is called the library.  Love the chair and cluttery shelves.
 
Great living room.  Not my colors, but it's being itself and I'm a total fan.  Makes me thirsty for a cold, minty drink.

This spread of pics is from Southern Living magazine and was photographed by William Waldron.  The homeowners' aesthetic reminded me of two very different aesthetics: buttoned up Park Ave meets San Diego goof ball divorcee.  I really credit this home for doing something that is totally their own.  There is personality galore, with random animals & the placement of little chairs and bold pops of color, but there is also something neat and tucked in about it.  I thought of my sister and her beachy thrifted finds (as well as a peculiar compulsion to display animal ware...) but the house also reminded me of certain babysitting jobs on the Upper East Side -- homes that were filled with impersonal glass tables and powder blue curtains and tightly made beds.  The children's names are Henry, Ruby and Tulip.

2 comments:

  1. Good child names, and good subway tile + cake stand(s) in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of Genevieve's comments, the exact things that stuck out to me too!

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive