Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ruffles and Rust.

This was just amazing.  My photo doesn't capture how unusual this is.  It's a fish tank turned show box filled with shiny shells and twigs and paper shreds.  
Today was wonderful.  I am totally inspired and wiped out and there is not enough chamomile tea in the country to bring me down.  I had the pleasure of attending "ruffles and rust", which is a bazaar of sorts for retro loving ladies (and a couple gents) who like to put old things together in new, fresh ways.  It was a delight for the senses; I can't wait to fiddle around in my home and elsewhere... I took a bunch of snapshots of bits that caught my eye.  (My fiddling started with the design of RNL.  Not sure it's perfect, but I think it's crisper ?) 
This huge bunch of glass vessels really popped against the dingy blue lockers. 

Bingo cards are a random but fun graphic. 
Umm, this was awesome.  It was a vintage earring "bookmark".
Japanese umbrella.  So fresh.

White coral is trendy, but for good reason.  It's just pretty and works in lots of different ways.  I like the look of these books' shredded up bindings 


This was a ridiculously expensive "bib" that I wanted oh so bad. It was totally hand made in a perfect, "this is couture" sort of way.  The roses were an nice shade of dusty pink that set off the classic antique tea colored lace.  The whole affect was very Chanel.  (Speaking of, we need one more person to "need" a sheet of Chanel body art.  $17.)

These were puffy and hanging above our heads.

2 comments:

  1. Umm I want to go to there... Hah. I really do. Looks like a Perf Saturday event to attend w my sista. Next yr?

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive