Tuesday, February 15, 2011

valentine recap

D is for David.

With yesterday being Feb 14th, and being that my gentle man had the evening off, I celebrated this day-of-love in a cozy & familiar way: eating a sweet, buying a sweater & making dinner. First we drove to Fran's chocolate shop in the pouring rain and I picked out a milk chocolate & smoked sea salt caramel. Heaven. I wore a too tight black mini skirt and my beat up cowboy boots and Dave wore a soft plaid shirt. Just your regular old valentine cowboys looking for a nice piece of candy. Then I suggested I "pop" into Anthropologie. Being that it was Valentine's Day, he agreed, so I entered the shop with thrill & anticipation and mosied around. D gave off the vibe that I should "find" something, (I might of self-created that vibe), but I did find something. (Two things.  Both on super sale.) The big ticket item was a camel colored cardigan with flattering shoulder lines. The tiny ticket item was a single stud earring with the initial "D". It's v cute. We then drove home and I made a flatbread with quince paste & artichokes & a raw milk cheddar, which paired nicely with a beet & tuna & kale & broccoli salad. To drink we had a cocktail of vodka, ginger & blood orange cider. I served the salad in a white heart dish and put straws in our drinks to make it look special. We watched From Paris with Love and I admired John Travolta's facial hair. It was a very nice night and I'm excited about my new Anthro finds.
Valentine salad and vodka cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. The cocktails are super pretty. I want to see post of you in the sweater- perhaps Friday love? And i like the D earring, although you know I'm not a big fan of pirate look w one earring. So that's that. But all in all, pretty cute recap of a cute day. I received three solid chocolate hearts (Godiva), about fist size, from my valentine. Very celebratory. Very indulgent. Wish you were here to help me eat them.

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive