Thursday, March 24, 2011

bits from the house tonight

It feels like it's been too long of a work week and I'm just dying for the weekend to come around and any food / home / outfit styling inspiration it could bring its way.  Until then, here are some shots of what I'm liking tonight.  Of course, homes are always in process and constantly seem to be in need of a tweak and fiddle.  Our home is no exception, and I'm not sure that this is, in any way, an accurate depiction -- but it's what I'm looking at tonight and saying yes to ...  Yay for Fridays, because then comes Saturday.  Promise.   :)

Shells on wood plank, on wood table.

Wood carved giraffe, an old hanging (wood) birdcage and ceramic sea shells on the window sill.   



Dried seaweed, a dried up rose bloom, a time keeper, a metal finial and the number 27 help compose a funny little still life.

View into the living room area.  



Assorted milk glass, garlic cloves, three totally different bowls I decided looked cool to contrast, and daffodils not yet in bloom.




This chair lives inside during the rainy months, but it's a nice deck chair sometimes.



The brown and white "drape" is an awesome tribal looking piece I picked up a few weekends ago at the Goodwill.  I'm pretty sure it's a dupioni silk.

My forever yum place: big old sofa with soft pillows, warm tea,  sweet smelling candle,    There are lots of white layers going on right now.  The stuffed jar of nuts is for David.  He is a total squirrel.  I have no idea where I got JFK's book.  I wish I could say I was actively reading it, but it's totally one of those things that shows up in a house and I keep forgetting to ask why it's there and who is reading it ... ;)  My reading is the early 90's Gourmet magazine below it.  (Btw, I made a fabulous flour less chocolate cake from that particular Gourmet last weekend and I can't wait to post the recipe and what I learned.  It was fabulous.)

1 comment:

  1. The dried seaweed is amazing. Your home looks so warm, inviting and yummy (I stole your word, but it perfect describes it). And I like your Christmas cactus.

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive