Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blustery day & RIP flower dress

Seattle is blustering today.  Really, really blustering.  And that's my nice word for throwing down cold rain from the sky.  I am off to buy ingredients for some apple cider in this bluster, and it made me miss my favorite flower dress.  I could of worn the flower dress with my rain gear (cowboy boots, cardigan, braid, black tights) but I no longer have it in my possession and instead I'm wearing a blue sweatshirt.  RIP flower dress, you and me got along so well.  Special occasion? Flower dress.  Going out on the town? Flower dress.  Going to buy some masking tape & a bag of nails or oranges & anise stars?  Flower dress.  It was that good.  So here is my missed vintage flower dress accompanying me on all kinds of days, along with a hum from Pooh.
Durham, North Carolina
Easter time.
Birthday wknd on North Fork of Long Is.
Mary & I modeling.
"Fish Bowl Night" NYC


From:  Winnie The Pooh and the Blustery Day
Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
Performed by:  Pooh

Hum dum dum ditty dum
Hum dum dum
Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day, today
It sounds that it may turn out to be
Feels that it will undoubtedly
Looks like a rather blustery day today
Claremont Apt.
"party"

3 comments:

  1. I've always loved that first picture of you at our egg hunt, my favorite part was how you cupped your one found egg in your hand. What a fun day and miss that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also mourn this dress!!!! It served so faithfully. Loyal foreva!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I do not mourn that fake black leather purse I have on. Or those bangs. Whoa and whoa.

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive