Wednesday, October 27, 2010

white chairs in your dining space

White dining room chairs are the height of chic.  There isn't anything kickier/ peppier than walking into an eating situation and getting to sit on a white chair.  It begs for a sit down meal & some tinkly Latin musica playing in the background.  I like the look of all four pictures below; they are all good and not too trendy versions of certain "genres" when creating a look for your home. 
fresh formal
The chairs above seem like they would be super comfortable, especially the ones with arms.  And you could deal with the white fabric by becoming the hostess famous for serving variations on white wine spritzer, no matter the season... ;)  They've got great backs & I love the shapely wood legs and tufted old-fashioned look of the front of them.
romantic
 How fun would it be to do a little girl's five year old party in a room like this one?!  So pretty & sweet. 

country / retro
This "look" feels the most like me.  Too bad I don't live in a place where I could pull off the porch-like set up -- but what nifty chairs!  (Also, I love love that the table isn't very wide -- dinner parties feel so much more intimate with narrow tables.)
modern
This is nicely spare and the chairs / view are wonderful, but the look overall doesn't leave me very inspired to go make something hearty or gooey or homey or kick back in my most serious kick back fashion.

4 comments:

  1. The country/retro is my favorite too. But I have to say the darling little wood scooter and trailer in the corner on the modern picture totally caught my eye. Do you know where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love love the wood toys, too. These pictures were hard for me to source, because I had put them in an "inspiration" folder a long time ago & forgot to tag where I found them. I'm guessing they were found along the way on "Apt Therapy" website bc I like pulling inspiration from them.... Wish I could be more helpful & thanks for the comment. xx, ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. what sauce, on what chair? how to get sauce off the chair? or do you see sauce on the chair? i am confused.

    ReplyDelete


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive