Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Laura love.

Picture taken around 1900 of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  She was thrifty when it came to herself, but very generous with others.  Also, her daughter was named Rose.
This is a picture of  Laura Ingalls Wilder who wrote the series, Little House on the Prairie.  Ingalls Wilder was about thirty one or thirty two years old when this was taken.  I know it's out of focus or something, but I like the shadow on her face, the way her hands look against her dress and the little pool of water that separates the looker-on from her.  It would be a cool painting.  (And speaking of Laura's ... cheers to the Laura in my life.  Happy happy 30th birthday night to my prettae Californian friend.  I'm so happy we're amigas and I hope the day was filled with boy kisses and red wine. xxo)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Ash after Italian food.

Blog Archive